Looking for actionable advice? This Work From Home Guide will help you quickly grasp the essential tips and tricks for adapting to work from home lifestyle.
The world is shifting and revolutionizing the way we work and connect.
Most of us are working from home now, and it’s a new experience different from the work routine we’re used to. While working from home has many benefits, it’s actually much harder than it sounds.
Where, when, and where do you start? How do you stay focused? How do you collaborate with coworkers? How do you deal with loneliness? How do you stay productive while working from home?
We’ve created this guide to cover various aspects of the work from home lifestyle and answer all these burning questions. This guide will help you quickly grasp the essentials of working from home, based on years of our knowledge as a distributed team, as well as the expertise of leading remote companies. And we hope you can find new ideas and tips to help you be more productive and make the most of your remote experience, regardless of whether you have been working at home all this time or joined just recently.
We divided our guide into 6 sections. Click on the section you’d like to explore more, or scroll down to see the list of our articles on that topic.
Don’t have time to read the whole guide right now? Click on the picture below or just download the PDF to read it whenever you want.
Section 1: Why Work From Home is Here to Stay
The world is shifting and remote work is growing in popularity. Read about the state of remote work in 2020, some advantages and disadvantages of working from home and why it’s here to stay.
- How is Work From Home Going to Stay, Even After COVID-19
- Stereotype Series: 7 Stereotypes About Remote Work
- 15 Remote Working Statistics You Need to Know in 2020
Section 2: How to Build a Home Office
Working from home is a new and challenging experience, especially when you’re used to working in an office. In this section you can find tips on how to organize your home office and make it super productive.
Section 3: How to Stay Productive While Working From Home
If you’re worried about your working from home productivity, these articles will give you strategies to be sure you’re getting things done. You can use them to organize your work and stay productive while you’re at home.
- How to be Productive Working From Home in 7 Steps
- How to Create a Work From Home Schedule That Works for You
- How to Work From Home With Kids and Stay Productive
- 4 Timeless Productivity Principles for Remote Workers
- 3 Solid Productivity Strategies to Boost Remote Work Productivity
- How to Deal With Procrastination? 4 Main Types of Procrastinators
Section 4: Best Tools and Resources for Work From Home
When you work from home, things are different. You’ll need more apps than you’re used to—to stay connected and get things done efficiently when working from home. Here are some tips for best tools and resources that can help you stay in the loop.
- Best Resources and Tools for Starting Remote Workers
- Best Productivity Apps for Working From Home in 2020
- 10 Unique Apps for Working from Home
- Top 5 Relaxing Sounds To Help You Focus
Section 5: Conferencing at Home: The Do’s and Don’ts
When working at home, communication takes more effort than when you’re in the office. In these articles you’ll learn how to master conferencing at home and these tips will ensure that your next conference call will be very productive.
- What’s Better: Audio Conference or Video Conference?
- 8 Steps for Better Sound Quality in Conference Calls
- Quick Guide to Conference Call Etiquette
- 5 Tips to Alleviate Conference Call Anxiety
- Funny Things People Do in a Conference Call Meeting
Section 6: How to Find a Work From Home Job
Looking to find a work-from-home? Here are some tips to get you going in the right direction. From the fastest growing job industries to the best website where you can find a job. Plus, we cover some essential tips on how to build your portfolio when you work from home and how to prepare yourself for remote interviews.
- How to Find Remote Work in 2020?
- 33 Best Websites to Find Remote Work in 2020
- How To Prepare For That Important Remote Interview
- How To Build Work Portfolio as a Remote Worker
Click on the image below to download the PDF and read it whenever it’s convenient for you.
Thank you for reading our Work From Home Guide! We hope these tips will help you to easily adapt to this new lifestyle and develop your own work-from-home practices for higher productivity. We will keep updating this guide to ensure that you have the latest information to enjoy a fully productive work from home experience.
Did we miss something? Please drop us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions. We would love to hear from you!
Last updated on May 15, 2020.