Last Updated: December 25, 2018
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information
and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, install,
register with, access, or use Krisp and/or the Site. By downloading, installing, registering with, accessing,
Your continued use of or access to Krisp and/or the Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of
those changes, so please check this page periodically for updates.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your
personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through Krisp so we can reply to you more quickly.
Name of the controller: 2Hz, Inc.
Address: 2150 Shattuck Ave, Penthouse 1300, Berkeley, CA 94704, United States
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of Krisp and/or the Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you use Krisp and/or the Site; and
- Data we collect from our partners.
Krisp processes microphone/speaker audio data on user's device. This data never leaves user's device.
Krisp doesn't collect any sort of device Serial Number.
Data we collect for our analytics:
- Device info including device model and CPU/GPU model; (e.g. Macbook Pro CPU 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5)
- Agregated statistics on how many mins Krisp has been used for; (e.g. 40mins)
- App name which Krisp is being used with (e.g. Zoom, Skype)
- Microphone/speaker names which Krisp is being used with (e.g. AirPod, UE Boom)
- UI activity events (e.g. clicked on "How to setup" menu)
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, install, register with, access, or use Krisp and/or the Site, we may ask you to
provide information (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, or
any other personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information“),
and/or (b) that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes, without limitation:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Krisp and/or the Site. This includes information
provided at the time of registering to use or access Krisp and/or the Site. We may also ask you for
information when you interact with us (such as when responding to notices and announcements from us), and when
you report a problem with Krisp and/or the Site or otherwise correspond with us;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through Krisp and/or the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through Krisp and/or the Site;
however, this financial information will not be accessible to us as purchases and payments will be processed
through a third-party payment processor(s); and
- Your search queries on Krisp and/or the Site.
We do not have access to any voice content transmitted through Krisp as such content is not available to
us or our servers.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your Device. Like most online services, we
prevent fraud. You can disable cookies in your settings, but some parts of Krisp and/or the Site may then not
function properly; and
- Web Beacons. Parts of Krisp and/or the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web
beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to
count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Krisp and/or Site statistics
(for example, recording the popularity of certain Krisp and/or Site content, features, functionality, and
services, and verifying system and server integrity).
Data We Collect From Our Partners
We also collect the following data from our partners:
- Data we receive if you use a third party software, application, or tool with Krisp or use the same with
Krisp (such as Facetime, Skype, and other video and audio communication software);
- Location data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address);
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse or click fraud);
- Data from platforms that Krisp runs on (such as to verify payment); and
- Data for analytics purposes, so we can provide you with better services.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use or access Krisp Site or its/their content, certain third parties may use automatic information
collection technologies to collect information about you or your Device, or you may otherwise be accessing and
using third-party platforms, software, and applications.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any
questions about a third party’s processing of your information, you should contact the responsible provider
directly. You acknowledge and agree that your access and use of such third party tools may be subject to their
This website uses Google AdWords, Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook Remarketing Tags
This website uses Google AdWords, Twitter, Linkedin & Facebook remarketing service to advertise on third
party websites to previous visitors to our site. These services allow us to advertise to our Site visitors who
haven’t completed a task on our site, i.e. using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form
of an advertisement on the Google search results page, a site in the Google Display Network, or somewhere on
Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter. Third-party vendors, including Google, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter, use
cookies to serve ads based on someone’s past activity on the Krisp.ai website. Your data may be collected by
third parties, including Google, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter, and these parties have their own privacy
policies. It is your responsibility to read through their respective policies.
You can opt-out of remarketing by visiting the links below:
Why Do We Collect Your Data
To make Krisp and/or the Site work.
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
- Create Accounts and allow you to use Krisp, access its contents, features, functionality, and services, and
to access or use the Site;
- Operate our services;
- Verify and confirm payments;
- At our discretion, provide and deliver products, services, and any other information you reasonably
- Send you Krisp- and/or Site-related communications, such as when updates are available, and of changes to
any products or services we offer or provide through Krisp and/or the Site;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
- Give you notices about your Account; and
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
including for billing and collection.
To make Krisp and/or the Site more suitable for our users.
To provide a great application and/or Site to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process
necessary data to:
- Update and develop user profiles;
- Develop and improve Krisp and/or the Site and user experience;
- Manage our relationship with you;
- Provide social features as part of Krisp and/or the Site;
- Customize Krisp and/or the Site experience according to your individual interests, such as through storing
information about your preferences and recognizing you when you use or access Krisp and/or the Site;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support;
- Provide you offers in Krisp and/or the Site as well as in other websites and services, and by email;
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages;
- Speed up your searches.
To analyze, profile, and segment.
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile, and segment all collected data, including for
the purpose of estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
With your consent.
With your consent, which is implied herein, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as
personalized tips to improve your calling experience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual
or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and/or with which
we integrate or link to deliver you Krisp, its content, features, functionality, and services and/or with
about their data processing practices;
- To a buyer, investor, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring,
reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of 2Hz, Inc.’s assets or stock, whether
as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information
held by 2Hz, Inc. about the Krisp and/or the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory
request, including in order to combat fraud and illegal activity;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 2Hz,
Inc., our customers, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal
information transmitted through Krisp and/or the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own
risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
International Data Transfers
Krisp, the Site, and the services are global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere
in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than the United States (or
your own country, if you are using Krisp and/or the Site outside of the United States, despite the geographic
restrictions provided in the Terms), we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your
contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers in and
to the United States.
Your Rights And Options
- Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing;
- Access the personal data we hold about you. If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data
in an electronic format; and
- Your other rights. You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object to how we
use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can withdraw your consent, for example
by turning off cookies in your browser settings. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable
timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily,
please let us know. You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic
Area for unresolved complaints.
We retain your data for as long as your Account is active or unless you request us to delete your data. Note
that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we may retain your data as necessary to comply with our legal
the email address we have on file for you, if any.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to
anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use or access Krisp and/or the Site. If you are
under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, or email address. No
one under the age of 13 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a
child under age 13, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data
from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.