Hey Mac user, wanna get started with Zoom? You’re in the right place!
Zoom is one of the leading modern enterprises in video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars. So no wonder you will get an invitation from a colleague.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to download, install, sign up and make your first call with the Zoom for Mac.
How to Download
Before we move on, I have to mention that the process is for those who have got a Zoom invitation (it looks like this https://zoom.us/j/212911269).
As you click on it, you will get to your default browser and a pop-up box will appear.
1. Download the app by clicking the link as shown in the image above.
2. Once you try to install, you may encounter a pop-up error. If you don’t, you can skip to Step 7.
How to Install
3. Your Mac settings are not likely to allow you to install the app because it’s not from the App Store. To allow installing Zoom for Mac, go System Preferences > Security & Privacy. From there, click Open Anyway in the general section.
4. When a new pop-up shows up, click on Open.
5. Another pop-up will ask you to continue (this is the last pop-up).
6. Great, you installed the app and reached a checkpoint 🙂 You can register directly through Zoom by logging in with Google or Facebook.
Zoom for Mac: How to Make the First Call
Once you log in, you will be redirected to the Zoom page with your account details filled in.
Next, click on the Create Account button.
Now just click on Open zoom.us.app.
You may now make your first call. Just click on New Meeting. You can also get yourself a cool pair of noise canceling headphones to manage your calls while surrounded by a quiet atmosphere.
Participating in calls can sometimes be noisy, so if you want to enjoy your experience of Zoom for Mac to its maximum capacity, you can use the Krisp app to mute any background noise that you or other calling participants have throughout the call.
Which Noise Is Annoying You The Most?
The AI powered Krisp will make sure to separate your voice from the noise and make it sound full HD. Besides, it suppresses the noise coming both from you and the opposing side. If you want to give it a go, download it now!
Wondering how it works with Zoom? Take a look at this video comparison of Krisp versus Zoom noise cancellation
And stay tuned for more “How to” tutorials 🙂
Bonus: Do you want to know how to have better conference calls? Check out this quick guide with the best conference call etiquette tips.