One of the biggest challenges remote teams face is being able to take effective meeting notes while still being able to actively take part in the discussion. This is why learning how to take notes in BlueJeans meetings is a crucial skill that can no longer be ignored.
BlueJeans is one of the most popular virtual meeting platforms that make it easier for teams to communicate and collaborate regardless of their physical location.
But how can you take notes on this platform and still manage to remain active in the meetings?
This post explores this topic further by highlighting:
- What BlueJeans meeting is;
- Ways to take notes in BlueJeans meetings.
What is BlueJeans Meeting?
BlueJeans Meeting is a comprehensive video conferencing and online meeting platform that enables individuals and teams to host virtual meetings, webinars, and collaborative sessions.
Developed by BlueJeans by Verizon, this platform has gained widespread recognition for its user-friendly interface and robust features, making it one of the best online meeting applications.
So, what are these features?
- High-quality video and audio virtual meetings;
- Screen sharing for enhanced communication;
- Meeting recording feature for future reference;
- Real-time chat and messaging feature;
- Availability of interactive features for enhanced collaboration, such as polls and surveys;
- Seamless integration capabilities with popular third-party meeting productivity tools like Microsoft Teams, Slack, etc.
Why Take Notes in BlueJeans Meetings?
There are many reasons why you may want to take notes in BlueJeans meetings. For instance, some of the main benefits of taking meeting notes during remote or hybrid virtual meetings are:
- Retaining information;
- Enhancing accountability;
- Facilitating follow-ups during catch-up meetings;
- Clarifying misunderstandings, among other reasons.
Taking notes in BlueJeans can be done in various ways, the most obvious being the manual method. Simply have a note-taking app like Google Docs open, and you can take the meeting notes manually. Alternatively, you can go in the old-fashioned pen-and-paper direction.
However, taking the manual route during note-taking has many drawbacks, including:
- Divided attention: This is mainly because balancing active participation in the meeting discussion, focusing on visual cues, and taking accurate notes can be overwhelming.
- Reduced interaction: When you’re focused on scribbling down notes, you might be less likely to ask questions, offer insights, or engage in discussions.
- Potential for incomplete or inaccurate notes: Manually taking notes in a fast-paced virtual meeting can lead to incomplete or inaccurate notes. It’s easy to miss important details, skip over key points, or misinterpret what was said. This is especially the case when undergoing virtual meeting fatigue.
- Time-consuming process: It often requires additional post-meeting effort to organize and transcribe handwritten notes into a digital format for easy sharing and reference. This extra step can prolong the time it takes to finalize meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Limited collaboration: Sharing handwritten notes with remote team members can be challenging, especially when collaborating across different locations. This can hinder effective collaboration and communication after the meeting.
So, to mitigate these concerns, you may have to consider automating your BlueJeans note-taking process. But does BlueJeans have an in-built solution to this?
How to Take Notes in BlueJeans Meetings
There are two ways you can take meeting notes during meetings, thanks to BlueJean’s built-in Smart Meetings features. With this, you can either use the transcription feature or the highlights feature.
Creating Meeting Transcriptions with BlueJeans
BlueJeans has a meeting transcription feature that you can use to generate accurate meeting notes after the meeting. Here are a few steps to follow to get started:
- When scheduling or setting up the meeting on BlueJeans, you should set the meeting language to your preferred option. BlueJeans makes it easier to transcribe meetings in different languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, and Japanese.
- If you do not set the language (mostly depending on the main language spoken during the meeting), the platform automatically picks the transcription language based on the user’s profile language.
- Enable the record meeting option, which is the red recording button on the bottom right menu. (You can also enable the automatic record capability to record your subsequent meetings seamlessly).
- You can access the transcription once the meeting is done, right from the BlueJeans Smart Meetings dashboard.
- You can go through the meeting transcription to generate your meeting notes.
Using the Smart Meeting Highlights
Another way of creating concise meeting notes using BlueJeans Smart Meeting is by taking advantage of the highlight feature.
Smart Meeting Highlights in BlueJeans enable you to categorize key points discussed during the meeting. These highlights can be organized into categories such as Action Items, New Topics, or Decisions.
Categorization adds a layer of organization, making it easier to navigate and review meeting notes later. This feature helps participants quickly identify what needs their attention after the meeting concludes.
Moreover, you can call out specific participants from within a highlight using the “@” feature. By mentioning a user’s name with “@” (e.g., “@John”), you ensure that the mentioned user is instantly notified about the specific highlight in question. This promotes transparency and accountability, as the concerned participant can promptly address the highlighted issue or action item.
At the end of the meeting, the moderator can share the meeting highlights. This feature lets you disseminate crucial information with specific email addresses or obtain a shareable link.
Sharing highlights in this manner enhances collaboration and ensures that all relevant parties are informed about the outcomes of the meeting. It simplifies the process of distributing meeting minutes and action items.
Using Krisp to Take Notes in Bluejeans Meetings
The need for effective note-taking solutions has never been more critical. Enter Krisp, a cutting-edge AI-powered transcription tool that offers a superior alternative for taking notes during BlueJeans Meetings.
Using Krisp to Take Notes in BlueJeans Meetings
Taking notes with Krisp’s AI meeting assistant in your BlueJeans Meetings is a straightforward process. Here’s how to get started:
- Create an account with Krisp: Begin by creating your Krisp account, a quick and easy process that sets the stage for seamless note-taking.
- Download the app: Download the Krisp app on your laptop or computer, ensuring that you have access to Krisp’s advanced transcription capabilities.
- Integrate with BlueJeans: Open your BlueJeans application and configure the microphone and speaker settings to use Krisp. This integration ensures that Krisp can seamlessly capture and transcribe the meeting discussions.
- Start or join a BlueJeans meeting: Initiate or join your BlueJeans meeting as you typically would. Krisp works quietly in the background, automatically transcribing the conversation as the meeting progresses.
- Access your transcription: After the meeting concludes, you can effortlessly access your transcription. With a simple click of a button, Krisp’s AI note-taker generates meeting notes for you, streamlining the entire process.
One of the standout advantages of using Krisp for meeting notes is its simplicity. You don’t need to record meetings, install plugins, or purchase additional extensions. Krisp seamlessly integrates with your BlueJeans meetings, making it an accessible and efficient solution for all users.
Moreover, unlike the native features of BlueJeans, Krisp offers automatic meeting notes without needing paid plans, making it a cost-effective choice for individuals and organizations.
Tailored Meeting Notes to Suit Your Needs
With Krisp, you have the flexibility to choose the type of meeting notes that best suit your requirements.
You can opt for condensed, short notes that highlight key meeting takeaways. Alternatively, you can select a longer version, which can easily be transformed into detailed meeting minutes using Krisp’s Meeting Minutes app.
Krisp eliminates the complexities associated with traditional note-taking, offering AI transcription that enhances productivity and collaboration.
Try Krisp for free today, and discover the seamless integration and efficiency it brings to your BlueJeans Meetings.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I share my notes with other meeting participants?
You can easily share your notes with other meeting participants by simply sharing with them a link to the notes. This eliminates the hassle of downloading and exporting your notes. Moreover, meeting participants can seamlessly collaborate on the same notes document without leaving the platform.
Can I collaborate on notes in real-time with other meeting attendees?
Yes, Krisp makes it easy to collaborate with other meeting attendees in real-time.
Are there any best practices for effective note-taking during BlueJeans meetings?
Effective note-taking during BlueJeans meetings can enhance productivity. Here are some best practices:
- Stay organized: Use headings, bullet points, and formatting to structure your notes.
- Focus on key points: Capture essential information, decisions, and action items.
- Use shorthand: Develop a system of abbreviations and symbols to speed up note-taking.
- Engage actively: Participate in discussions to better understand and capture context.
- Summarize: Condense lengthy discussions into concise notes to maintain clarity.